Sunday, August 26, 2007

Shoes, Footwear Kicks Etc...


Now that I am all set with my costume, the task at hand is a mission to find the most comfortable shoes to go with it. I am at a disadvantage because I haven't actually seen the costume in person. How will I know what exact shade of green to purchase? I've read a number of articles about wearing boots to Carnival, Doc Martens, Go-Go boots...and I just can't wrap my head around how in the world that would be comfortable!!! I've worn boots before, being a native Canadian, it comes with the territory, but insole or no insole, after a couple hours, boots start fi bun!!!! My original idea was to order shoes from either Nike.com or K-Swiss.com and have them personalized to commemorate the weekend and my birthday, but now I'm not so sure.

Here's what I've come up with so far:










5 comments:

clivia said...

Hi..Clivia here.
I posted a larger pic on my blog so you guys can see the detail in the costume.
Im glad you chose Peacock.
See you guys on the road

buublenut said...

I seen some green champions at payless for like $29.....u choose footwear yet??

HQ said...

Hey!! I need shoes too! I want to find somethign in green or purple.

OK, now I am officially starting to get excited about Miami!!

CNDN-in-FL said...

I'm going to try again this weekend. I saw some brown slippers at payless for like 29 dollars. The green ones you speak of are not the right shade.

Girl, I BEEN excited! We are going to have such a great time!

HQ said...

LOL. We will!!

I saw some green sneakers and some purple ones online at payless...I think, as usual, that's where my $ will be spent! LOL