Thursday, September 6, 2007

Miami Vs Broward

Wow! Saucy Trini kinda put me on the spot, so I guess I better keep bloggin!!!

Ok, so here is the scoop:

It turns out that Miramar City Commission has rejected Broward's plan to hold carnival in Miramar Regional Park, citing that the garbage left behind last year is the reason for their refusal. At this time it seems that Broward doesn't have a venue! Wow! Do you know what that means? It means that perhaps, maaaaaybe Carnival will only be in Miami this year, which would be great! More people, more fun, more mas bands more Bacchanal!!!


The count in my party has officially risen to 7. Another girlfriend from Toronto will be coming down to play in the peacock section with me and my girls. We are still so excited. I STILL haven't bought my shoes yet, but I am still on the look out.

For those who are interested in playing with other Mas Bands, I found that the list I got from Miamicarnival.net had some out-of-date websites. The reason for this is Myspace, it's a lot cheaper to throw it up there than actually have a website. Lazy asses. Whatever. Here are the links:

Wassi Ones
If I had found this earlier, I might've gone with this band. Sexy fo sho, but from what I can see, no male costumes:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=78232634

TnT Misfits
Very sketchy, but hey, Costumes are only 100 bucks. Tell me how it goes
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=66170921

4 comments:

clivia said...

Hey was jus passing through...
Those pics on wassi's myspace are from last year's Carnival.
She does have a direct website though and I'm sure she's gonna launch soon.

its www.thewassione.com

buublenut said...

Any luck with the shoes yet???

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the road!!!

HQ said...

I am glad one of them has a site. I worry when a US band doesn't have a site, esp for a major event like Miami. If you can't pay godaddy.com under $10 for a website to allow masqueraders ample opportunity to ooh and aah over your creations, then what else are you skimping on? LOL

CNDN-in-FL said...

Trust. I know that Giselle (Wassi One) Was having a hard time. She lost her cell phone or it broke or something like that so that could explain the delay.

As for other bands yes, cheap is the name of the game. One band leader told me I had to make my own costume they would provide the head peice. NO FOOD! $50. Hell No.

Oh.And no website either.