Sunday, August 19, 2007

Welcome, the Countdown begins...


I'm going to finally play Mas! I'm a Jamaican, born in Canada and Caribana passed me by every year with not even some body glitter. My Grandmother was a Minister in the church and I was never allowed to go. In fact, to this day, my church plans their annual picnic on that weekend to distract the kiddies from downtown's goings on.

When I moved to Orlando Florida I heard about Miami Carnival, but never even investigated to see what it was about. This year, it's my b-day and I am playing Mas for the first time ever!!!

The plan is to head to Miami Florida with 4 of my close friends, October 5-8th 2007. We are playing with Vibrationzz, and I'm in the peacock section, but I think I'm upgrading to Frontline because the costume is a bit plain.

I don't know anyone that has played Mas in Miami before and its pretty hard to plan something like this when you've never done it before, but good friends and good music is pretty much all you need to start the party off right, so I'm not too worried. I'm a faithful reader of Saucy's blog and have researched everything I can find on on Carnival. It's hard to contain myself I'm so excited!!

Band Launching is today at 4pm in Miami. All of the bands will be there with their costumes. I really wanted to go but I can't make it. I'm just glad I got my costume already. The people at Miami Carnival.net say that there will be a complete list of bands on thier site by the end of the day. I'll post pic as I find them for anyone that is interested.

If anyone else wants to register with Vibrationzz check them out at www.vibrationzz.com also, for more info on Miami Carnival click www.miamicarnival.net.

After I get an update on the rest of the bands I will post them for everyone to see.


46 days
1115 hours
66909 minutes
4014579 seconds
Till Miami Carnival!!!!!

6 comments:

Elma Felix said...

Good Luck! I'm also a reader of Saucy......LOL! Carnival Bible fuh true!!! Anywho, looking forward to the road too!! I've played with Gen X 2 years in a row, but switching to Island Elite for the first time.... Any news as to what day miami carnival and broward really are? First i was hearing that it was Broward on Sat and Miami on Sun.....buh now it seems they're both on the same day?

CNDN-in-FL said...

I heard it is on the same day too. That is crazy. I wonder why they do it like that. And what is the difference and most importantly, which one is better?

Does Island Elite have a website? I'd love to see what else is out there. So far all I've seen s GenX and ChinaMas Group.

Why the switch?

Elma Felix said...

I switch because of all the drama! Me nah inna dat! i want to pay my money, have a good time, and wine up my waist!!!! Island Elite has a website www.islandelitemas.com I also switched because i feel like Gen X costume design took a nose dive after last carnival....

And for your question as to which is better....LOL....Broward doesn't allow alcohol in their park, so you be the judge of that!!!

CNDN-in-FL said...

Wow, Saloon Girl all the way for me, Or one of the Indian Costumes.
I was also thinking about playing with Gen X bt I found Vibrationzz first. The band leader and I have the exact same birthday. I think it's fate so I'm sticking to it :-)

I only used to go to Carnival when I was younger back home so alcohol was never a factor for me. But now, especially as the time draws near, and I think about crossing the stage, somebody better pass me a drink! LOL

buublenut said...

Have a time in Miami girl. I am sure we will bump on the road. Me and 3 of my girls are reaching Miami and are all registered in Peacoxk!!!

HQ said...

Hey...I saw you on Buublenut's blog and stopped by to look around...nice place! LOL

I too will be playing Peacock section with Vibrationzz. Girl, be careful. D mas is dangerous! LOL. You become addicted. This is my 3rd time playing mas this year, and it will be my 6th carnival attended for 2007! LOL

I hope you enjoy it and I can't wait to see you on d road!